Saturday, March 1, 2008

ahh, weekends...

Weekends at BCV...the sun shines down from a clear, blue sky...I sit here, typing, munching on the other half of the packet of dates that I put in my spice cake this afternoon. It's sitting next to me, cooling down. Pascal has gone out to inspect a house that he hopes to rent once he and Beck are married. There's nothing much to do except sit back and relax. I do have homework to do, and it would be nice to get some of that done today, but it's only 5:00. There's still plenty of time left to do that.

Weekends for me are generally pretty lazy here. I haven't found a church yet this year, but I'm thinking about a church called Calvary Baptist Church which is on Canterbury Rd. We'll see. I took my bike down to the shop to see what needs fixing - the rear cassette (set of gears) needs replacing, as does the chain. The parts alone will cost $80, so I'm thinking I might just do without a bike for a while. I'm also looking for a job, so if you are wondering about what you could pray for me, pray for that.

Meanwhile, I think I'll just kick back and enjoy the evening. Oh, by the way, here's a poem I wrote (hope you like it; and "descry" means "to discover by looking carefully") :

The wind wanders softly through the trees
as they sigh at its gentle passing-by;
and I the wild complexity of these descry
and trace a pattern with my finger in the sky.

No comments: